Monday 16 April 2007

Election Update : Bliar Visits Paisley

My apologies but shift working has meant I've been neglecting the blog.
While I've been away Paisley has had a visit from Bliar and his entourage. You would imagine that, with an election in the offing, he would be keeping a low profile. He is not the asset he once was especially in Scotland. I don't remember seeing his smiling face on any of the candidates' election leaflets, but if I'm wrong no doubt someone will correct me.

Hugh 'Shuggie the Hammer' Henry has apparently decided that, after years of opposing Catholic schools, he is now their champion. My own view will remain my own, but there is a distinct smell of hypocrisy about everything Shuggie does these days.

More shady dealing over Labour election broadcasts with party hacks being drafted in to pose as real people. As if no-one would know that a Scottish Bliar supporter had to be a plant (or some other kind of vegetable).

The smirking fish has been quiet, presumably letting Labour self-destruct.

What else is new, well, the Greens are being green, the Lib/ Dems are being all things to all men, and the Scottish Senior Citizens Unity Party are deciding where to exercise grey power. The Scottish Christian Party are hoping for a miracle, Solidarity are furiously promoting the cult of multiple personality and the SSP are fighting to hold the line after a bad year.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

SSP had a bad year thats an understatement.

red mist said...

Thanks for your support zz...I shall wear it always;)

Why not try the test at 'interesting stuff' It's interesting!!

Anonymous said...

Sorry RM not a Stalinist I'm afraid.

I scored Economic -6.25 and social libertarian/authoritarian -2.56. Means little to someone who veers between the far left and far right depending on the issue.

red mist said...

That's the point, zz. The far left and the far right can be very close on the other axis.