Terry (TKMax) Kelly and Hugh (Shuggie the Hammer) Henry are on the front page of the Paisley Daily Express today campaigning against the building of a new prison in Paisley.
This is a bit surprising since
- Labour are in power at every level in this country so it is their proposal
- Hugh (Shuggie etc) Henry is the justice minister and in charge of policing
- Renfrewshire Labour councillors sit on the Strathclyde police board so they are responsible for the proposal
- The Labour majority council can deny the planning application if they wish, so clearly they don't
- It is Labour policy on crime that has filled the jails with usually the wrong people
- They don't say where the jail should be built if it is needed
- If they had been tough on the causes of crime as they promised at election after election then the jail wouldn't be needed
The result of this policy failure is Labour out sucking up to voters by pretending that they are not responsible for their own decisions and policies.
In terms of sheer two faced hypocrisy and opportunism this one has got to take the biscuit.
I have to ask the question (again). How stupid do these numpties think the voters are. Labour should stop acting like low life con men and accept responsibility for their cock-ups.
Wendy (for it is she) the second trumpet in the Alexanders' rag time band is very quick to get her face in the papers when they think (not very often) that they have done something right, even if it is years too late. Still, it brightens up the paper when you see someone smiling but you just know that the smile is so insincere that they will never have laughter lines. That's why Wendy (for it is she) looks so young.